วันอังคารที่ 4 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2556

The Meals We Eat


Lots of people have written to me and asked me about meals in Thailand. Now it's time for me to make the page up.
In Thailand, we have 3 meals same as other countries. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are the main meals but Thai people like to have snacks between meals. A lot of snacks. We eat our meals with a spoon and fork or sometimes with chopsticks if we have noodles. All food is cut up when it is cooked so we don't need to use a knife!
In my family, we don't really cook meals ourselves. We often eat takeaway food which we bring back to the house. But if we cook ourselves, my dad will be the cook, he cooks better than my mum. We do not always have our meals together because we are not often home. I always go back home late after working at Srinai school on my web site. On those days I usually eat at a roadside noodle stall. If I go back home early, we shall eat dinner together in front of the TV. Most meals we eat are rice topped with meat and vegetables or noodles. Lunch and dinner are about the same but lunch usually has one dish but dinner it is normal to have three or four dishes to share. It is not polite to put all food on your plate in one go. You just take a spoonfull at a time. This is good when we go out to a restaurant. We can try many different dishes.
BREAKFAST:
Joke is rice porridge with pork.Kai Jee-o is omelette.Khao Mun Khai is chicken and rice.
LUNCH:
Ba-me is egg noodle soup with pork and vegetables.Pad Pak is fried vegetables.Pad Bai Kha Praew is spicy basil with chicken (pork, shrimp, etc.)
DINNER:
Pad Nhor Mai is Chicken (pork) with bamboo shoots.Kaeng Khee-o Whan is green curry with beef.Tomyam Kung is spicy lemongrass soup with shrimp.
Som-Tam is Papaya spicy salad.Pla-muk neung ma-nao is steamed squid with lemon and chili.Pad Mama is fried noodle with beef and vegetables.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: