The main food in Thailand is rice. Everyone has eaten it since they were born. But we can't really eat rice alone so we have to have something to go with it. There are many dishes of food to go with rice. Most of them are hot and spicy and that is what Thai food is famous for.
วันอังคารที่ 4 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2556
Tapioca Pudding with Young Coconut (Saku Peiak Maprow On)
Tapioca pudding with young coconut is a perfect dessert for a cold night. The wonderful young coconut scent is truly delightful and reminds me of summer.
2 cups water
1/2 cup tapioca- small pearl
1/3 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup young coconut Optional
1. Boil tapioca in water. Use low heat and stir constantly to prevent the bottom from sticking. The tapioca will be done when it is nearly all clear (no more white balls).
2. Slice the young coconut into thin strips.
3. Add sugar to the boiling tapioca – use more or less sugar depending on your sweet tooth. Add the coconut strips, stir and bring it back up to a boil then turn the heat off.
4. In a small cup, dissolve salt in coconut milk and warm it up in a microwave for a few second. Don’t let the coconut milk boil.
5. Scoop up the tapioca pudding into a small bowl. Add a few tablespoon on top and serve hot.