The main food in Thailand is rice. Everyone has eaten it since they were born. But we can't really eat rice alone so we have to have something to go with it. There are many dishes of food to go with rice. Most of them are hot and spicy and that is what Thai food is famous for.
วันจันทร์ที่ 3 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2556
Eggs with Tamarind Sauce
Whether just fried, used as toppings, or as an essential component of many desserts, eggs are a favorite food in Thailand. In this dish, deep-frying boiled eggs gives them a different texture while their flavour is enhanced by the accompanying sauce.
4 cups (1 qt/1 l) water 6 eggs 2 cups (16 fl oz/500 ml) oil, for deep-frying 1/2 cup chopped shallots
Tamarind Sauce's Ingredients:
1/2 cup (4 fl oz/125 ml) tamarind juice (ma-khaam piak) 1/2 cup (4 fl oz/125 ml) fish sauce (nam pla) 1/4 cup (2 oz/60 g) sugar
How to cook:
1. Pour the water into a large pot and boil the eggs for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and plunge the eggs into cold water. Peel the eggs and set aside.
3. In a large saucepan heat the oil to 325 F (165 C). Dry the eggs and deep-fry them until they are golden brown. Remove and set aside. With the same oil, deep-fry the shallots until golden brown. Drain and set aside.à¹à¹
4. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Heat to boiling and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. To serve, cut the eggs in half, lengthwise. Pour the sauce over the eggs and sprinkle with the fried shallots.